Telling the Right Story to the Right People at the Right Time
In 2021, the Greater Metropolitan Association of REALTORS® brought on Truscott Rossman to help integrate enterprise-wide communications. As the largest local REALTOR® association in the state, serving over 11,000 members throughout Oakland, Macomb, and Wayne Counties, GMAR had set out a big challenge.
Our job was to develop a plan to tell GMAR’s story to the right audience at the right time across earned, owned, and paid media.
We started with discovery. That included a social media audit, as well as qualitative and quantitative research (surveys and 1 on 1 conversations) to shape how we define, reach, and speak to specific target audiences (like homebuyers or homesellers) across platforms (social media, in the press, or on the website).
We used these findings to inform our strategy and tactics: moving our target audiences through a marketing funnel from “Cold” (Awareness of GMAR), through “Consideration” (maybe GMAR) to “Hot” (willing to take an action, whether it’s using a GMAR REALTOR®, pay dues, etc.). This included:
- Custom website landing pages and redirect links
- Pitching media announcements
- Media trainings
- Facebook/Instagram paid ads
- LinkedIn paid ads
- Google search and video ads
- Spotify digital radio ads
- Digital billboards
- Hulu ads
- Writing/placing sponsored content
Building on our research and discovery, TR and GMAR proceeded to integrate communication efforts across channels with a specific voice and purpose in mind. This included scripting, filming, and editing an evergreen video geared toward homebuyers and sellers.
- Digital Paid: Executed, monitored, and tracked performance for paid ad campaigns across Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google, YouTube, and Spotify to reach the audience where they are. To complement those campaigns, we helped build organic social pages by following journalists and local leaders on GMAR’s Twitter and Instagram with the goal that they follow back and see GMAR’s messaging. Moreover, we developed a sponsored content article that was shared to Metro Times’ website, their e-Newsletter subscribers and social media following.
- Earned Media: Shaped pitches and leveraged media relationships to tell GMAR’s story. This landed coverage in DBusiness and Patch Detroit.
- Traditional Paid: Told GMAR’s story through digital billboards and strategically placed them in local cities where buying and selling is at its highest (during high-traffic periods).
This work has resulted in the delivery of over 4 million impressions, thousands of clicks and engagement with GMAR’s brand among our target audiences. We’re telling the right story to the right people at the right time. And that integrated approach is paying dividends, consistently helping GMAR beat Cost Per Click and Cost Per Thousand industry benchmarks.
Adult-use applications accepted starting Friday