Design and Digital Media Intern -
At TR, you’ll get everything communications-related thrown at you including drafting news releases, pitching media, drafting ads, planning and attending press conferences, assisting coalition building efforts and much more. Below is a short overview of the internship position:
Work: Design interns primarily work on the digital side of communications:
- Developing ads for clients and for TR,
- Developing print collaterals,
- Crafting and implementing social media strategies and tactics,
- Posting to social media, managing engagements,
- Working with a team to develop websites for clients.
We also will make sure to include you in everything a non-design intern does:
- Writing press releases,
- Contact Media, and
- Working to develop winning strategies for clients.
Pay: All intern positions are paid, and your time can count for college credit.
- Schedule: This position requires a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week, but 15-20 hours per week is preferred. As a college student, we know school is your #1 priority – we’re happy to work around class schedules. Our internship duration follows your school’s semester schedule. It is possible to intern at TR for more than one semester – all you have to do is work hard, learn a lot, and get invited back!
- Location: This opening is for TR’s Detroit location: 2362 Russell St Suite 301, Detroit, MI 48207
Who We Look For
We look for creative, detail-oriented individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment, have great interpersonal skills and are strong writers. Our intern positions are highly competitive, but we regularly accept applications. We count on our interns to balance multiple assignments, take both initiative and direction and produce quality work every day. That’s why no other firm will better prepare you for a career in communications.
Here are the skills and interest areas that will help you get this position:
- Strong writing skills
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Final Cut Pro
Truscott Rossman is a full-service PR agency, which means our work ranges from issues management and crisis communications to media relations, community relations and more. We work with all kinds of clients on diverse projects, allowing our interns to get valuable, well-rounded communications experience.
How To Apply
Your application should include the following:
- Required: A cover letter. Why are you applying, what do you know, and what do you want to learn?
- Required: An updated resume with relevant work, education or volunteer experience.
- Required: A writing sample. It can be anything – a press release, blog post, a paper you wrote for class.
- Required: Design samples or a portfolio. Mention it in your cover letter and be sure to let us know how it’s relevant to this application.
- Optional: Consider including references for a previous employer or a favorite professor – we may call them.